With the opening of our new office, Whitehead Environmental Services is now offering Phase I ESAs in Fort Worth, Texas. An ESA, or environmental site assessment, is a tool that helps you evaluate the environmental condition of a property usually before a transaction of that property. If you discover environmental contamination on the land after you purchase it, you are responsible for remediation and regulatory closures that should have sat with the previous owner or at least should have been factored into the purchase price of the property. This can be really painful and costly – a Phase I environmental site assessment can help you avoid this.
Why should I get a Phase I ESA?
- Assess the value of a property taking into account environmental factors
- Protect you from buying a property that has previously unknown environmental contamination
- Protect you from hidden environmental costs after purchase
- Often a requirement to achieve financing needed to buy the property
- Gain a complete understanding of your liability going into a property purchase
- Motivate the current owner of the property to make any needed improvements before the transaction occurs
- Learn more from our complete guide on Phase I ESAs
How can I get a Phase I ESA in Fort Worth?
- First, reach out to our office in Fort Worth at the number listed below
- Our professionals will conduct a review of the property including site inspection, soil and geology review, review of state and regulatory records, and interviews with key persons
- Our team will produce a report and provide this within 2 weeks
Fred Nawrocki, a Texas Professional Geoscientist (P.G.) has been running the Fort Worth office and focuses on assessment, remediation, and regulatory closure of industrial facilities and oil & gas sites. Aside from Phase I ESAs, the Fort Worth office is expanding with new environmental compliance services including Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWP3), Spill Prevention Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans, and Pollution Prevention (P2) Planning. These compliance services will complement our existing expertise with Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Phase II Investigations, remediation oversight, and closure through TCEQ remediation programs such as VCP, MSD, IHW Corrective Action, IOP, LPST, and Dry Cleaner Remediation.
For more information on projects or services in and around Fort Worth or to get your Phase I ESA in Fort Worth, please contact Michael Whitehead (214) 335-3246.